Tuesday, December 15, 2009

How do I get ointment/ antibacterial cream off my office chair, or how do i make the oily stain go away?

I have a really bad cut and a bad rash on my leg, so I put some antibacterial ointment on it. then i went on the computer and totally forgot about the stuff on my leg and put my leg up underneath me onto the chair. I just noticed the really bad stain. the chair is dark gray and the stain is almost black. is there something I can put on it so my dad doesn't kill me? please please please please help me out here!How do I get ointment/ antibacterial cream off my office chair, or how do i make the oily stain go away?
You could try some baby powder or cornstarch on the spot overnight to soak up some of the oil and for the remainder (if any) of the stain...





In a blender add...





A couple of squirts of dish soap





A small amount of water





Blend till all foamy





Apply the foam to the stain, let sit for a few minutes then wipe with a damp rag. When it dries, vacuum.How do I get ointment/ antibacterial cream off my office chair, or how do i make the oily stain go away?
If the chair is covered in a material, you could try a carpet cleaner that you spray on. You might need to do it a couple of times.Work from the outside of the stain towards the middle so you wont spread it. If it is a vinyl or leather cover, you could try spongeing it with a warm soapy water and dry it between each application. If not, there are vinyl cleaners you can buy.Good luck!
I agree with the first answer. In a plastic bowl, add Dawn to lukewarm water and blot into the stain with a dish towel. Don't get it too wet or you will end up with a bigger stain. After you feel that you have removed all the ointment, blot with the dry end of the towel and hopefully the stain is gone.
use dawn dish liquid to break up the grease then rinse well


The greasy look will be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment