Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Is there a difference between A&D Ointment and A&D Cream? Which one is better for tattoos?

I just recently gotten my third tattoo and I've always used A%26amp;D Ointment but recently my sister got a tattoo as well and she purchased A%26amp;D cream, which she left behind. So I figured i'll save a few bucks and use what's here. Should I go and get the Ointment or will the cream work just as good or better?Is there a difference between A%26amp;D Ointment and A%26amp;D Cream? Which one is better for tattoos?
A tatoo artist (20 years experience) once told me to stay away from neosporin, a+d ointment, and any other ointments like that. He said that the chemicals that heal your skin can actually pull some of the color out and cause your tat to lose its full color potency. He said plain old vaseline is the very best thing to use. It keeps your tat moist and aids in the healing process without speeding it up or effecting the color.Is there a difference between A%26amp;D Ointment and A%26amp;D Cream? Which one is better for tattoos?
DOn't use the cream! I just got one two days ago and used it today and it looks as if it took some of the color off. Report Abuse

Actually my tattoo artist said specifically not to use Vaseline because it slows down healing and pulls out color. Report Abuse

I think that ointment may stay on the surface of the skin to protect it while the cream absorbs into the skin. If you have the cream, you may as well try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment