Thursday, December 17, 2009

What diaper rash cream or ointment do you think works the best?

i've used Balmex, Destin, and Butt Paste.


my son got a mean diaper rash last night from having diarrhea.. i hate when he gets it.. i feel so bad for him.. his lil butt's all red and he won't sit down and he'll bend his knees up when i pick him up so i don't touch his butt...


so anyway.. obviously i know how to treat it and have always just used Balmex or Destin but they sting him when i first put it on him so last night i tried that Butt Cream and noticed he didn't cry out in pain as much with that...


so what have you found that is the best to treat diaper rash.. or do you have any special tricks that help soothe their little bums?What diaper rash cream or ointment do you think works the best?
Triple PasteWhat diaper rash cream or ointment do you think works the best?
I have always used aquaphor. The only thing that my children didn't scream with. My children have an allergy to zinc, so those types of creams were out and I have had great results. My children would get bad diaper rashes from generic diapers. Aquaphor cleared the rash within a couple of diaper changes. You can find it anywhere. Wal-Mart was the cheapest I found it.
Poor little guy! When my kids had one that bad I would use either plain old Vaseline or Bag Balm. At that point all they needed was a protective moisturizing barrier, I found that any of the medication ointments just seemed to irritate the broken skin more or were just plain uncomfortable to apply. I hope he feels better soon.
Triple Paste. It's non-prescription but behind the counter at the pharmacy. It's a miracle. By the time they wake up it's gone. Dont use too much (you know how you can load up w/ Desitin? dont do that) or it doesn't absorb - it's kind of pastey. I STILL use it on the kids (way post diaper years) if they have diarrhea rashes or wipe poorly.
The one that has worked the best for me is A %26amp; D. Not any of the white kinds of ointment. My daycare parents totally agree with the A %26amp; D too.





The white creamy kind hurts my child too. I cant use that anymore. You gotta find the one that looks like chapstick. Seriously!
Try DRC ointment!





I have worked in a pharmacy for many years, am familar with all sorts of ointments, and will not use anything else. I have also heard from SO many many parents that this works the best. Please try it. It may be behind the counter, so ask the pharmacist.





http://www.diaperrashcreme.com/index.htm…
poor thing..diarrhea is the only way my son gets rashes to..first stop using the wipes, use damp paper towels to wipe..let him air dry as long as possible..then a thin layer of any cream with zinc oxide in it and then glob on vaseline, this is the best barrier. it will take a couple of days, but it is the best method
Pure cornstarch you get from the grocery store. It doesn't have anything in it to hurt the baby's butt and it usually clears it up just as quick as the ointments. I used it on my boys all the time for rashes and it worked wonders.
In my experience, diaper rash creams only hold in the moisture and cause the rash to last longer. I use lots of baby powder with cornstarch and more frequent diaper changes, every 2 hours at least even if he's not wet.
Triple paste is by far the most amazing one out there! My daycare provider suggested it to me with James, and now I won't use anything else on the babby's. Even a bad rash is gone in 2-3 applications.
I don't like butt paste. Expensive and low efficacy. I prefer just plain old Desitin. It worked on me when i was a baby 30 years ago, and it works great on my 4 month old son.
I rarely use a cream but if I do it's Butt Paste.





When his bum is a bit red, I slather on liquid Mylanta and generously sprinkle pure corn starch on top of that. Stops a would-be diaper rash in its tracks!!
A%26amp;D Ointment is my personal favorite.





It smells bad, but it does what it is meant to do.





You can get it at target.
All I use is BUTT PASTE!


I swear by it.


I tried using both desitin, and balmex ONCE..they were gifts.


And with both of them Brody cried..that was the end of that for me..
Actually Nina is right on the triple paste.My sister uses it on my nephew.Destin is the only one I could think of myself.
Boudreaux's Butt Paste works the best. It's all I use on Landon. Put it on your little man at every diaper change and after every bath and he should be doing better in a couple of days.
Penatin cream - it comes in a thin round blue tin and I believe it contains Zinc oxide. I also used corn starch (in a salt shaker)
Aquaphor is the best. It helps with diaper rash as well as dry skin. It is the only thing i use on my daughter
Desitin extra creamy is the best out there.
I used A %26amp; D Ointment and Desitin on my three boys
I use A%26amp;D ointment and it works well for my son...
Destin is the only one I can use on my baby
I use Butt Paste when I run out of my usually diaper rash cream, it is the best you can buy at the stores, I feel. I use Arbonne's Herbal Diaper Rash Cream, it is 100% natural and works 100% better than anything else I have ever tried...and I have tried all of them. My daughter doesn't cry or squirm or flinch or try to get way when I put it on, she knows it feels good when I put it on. It also smells like peaches, it's great. It's pricey at $14.00 plus shipping but it goes a long way and it doesn't sting or hurt my daughter in anyway so I say it is worth it. I have seen you can buy it on eBay if you do not have an Arbonne consultant.





**I aslo agree with using a soft warm wash cloth instead of wipes, I do this anyway...but it is especially important with diaper rash as wipes usually have alcohol in them that sting very badly.
I know this is going to sound totally outrageous to you %26amp; probably anyone else that reads this. But try not putting anything on it for a day %26amp; just use a warm wash cloth %26amp; let it dry before putting the diaper back on. My daughters butt had been red since the day she came home from the hospital! I tried all kinds of different creams, diapers %26amp; wipes. Nothing was helping. I constantly had to take her to the doctors to get a prescription cream for it. Finally when I switched ped's, they told me to not put anything on it for a day %26amp; only use a warm wash cloth to wipe. So I did %26amp; my daughters butt hasn't been red since %26amp; that was about 3 weeks ago %26amp; she is still CLEAR of a rash. But before that I used to use boudreaux's butt paste. It worked well, but not good enough.
Oh, poor Ayden! :-(





Ben has gotten bad diaper rash a couple of times from being on antibiotics. But, we use cloth dipes usually so I don't really keep diaper cream on hand (your not suppose to use it with cloth).





I usually just give him as much time out of the diaper to air out as possible. I also use wash clothes or paper towels with water instead of wipes. I know this probably going to sound weird too...but I have also used a little bit of breast milk to soothe his bottom. Yogurt also helps.
  • tickets
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment